Monday, June 27, 2011

Reader Reaction from South Africa

Hi Keith

In South Africa I'm finding extremely limited amount of resources in regard to organic/simple church. Thank you so much for your ebook (This Is My Body:Ekklesia as God Intended). It has affirmed so much in my own heart and it is a great resource. What I enjoyed about it is the manner in which you condensed and affirmed much of what Frank Viola and Felicity Dale have said in this regard. I'm referring others to this book for this reason.

If I may add some thoughts out of my reading this morning from Matt.9:14-17. If organic/simple church is a new wine, it would explain why existing church structures cannot contain the fermentation of this new wine. The existing structures have already been stretched, possibly to their limit. They have the inability to contain this new wine due to their inflexibility. Because the structures are already in place, there would be no accommodation for this type of flexibility and unpredictability of organic church.

There will be those who would try to accommodate this idea - they would be a type of reformer where they would just move the furniture around in the same house. They would not have a revolutionary mindset where an entirely new house needs to be built.

I came across a saying a while ago; "Man's idea, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."

I hope you don't mind me sending you this via email. I'm one of your 'silent' followers on Twitter and regularly receive your blog post. You will not know how much your thoughts are valued.

Blessings,
Your name sake
Keith McLachlan
KwaZulu Natal, Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment